Trends of the American nautical destination for summer 2021
MIAMI, May 5, 2021 / PRNewswire / – With the loosening of restrictions and the deployment of Covid-19 vaccines underway, Click & Boat saw an increase in 38% of bookings in the United States compared to the whole of 2020. Before the pandemic, 93% of 2019 Click & Boat bookings made by an American were for international destinations. Today, the majority of U.S. reservations remain national in coastal states like Florida and California.
The most frequent searches performed on Click & Boat indicate that South Florida and the Caribbean have been on Americans’ radar since early 2021. And over the past month, there has been a spike in interest in other American destinations like Texas, Charleston and Chicago.
- Miami, Florida– Reservations have more than double in Miami over the past four months compared to all of 2020. Travelers primarily book party boats and pontoons, as well as luxury yacht charters for the day.
- Key West, Florida– The most famous island in the Florida Keys has seen an influx of visitors on and off the waters. In particular, Click & Boat reported an increase in eight times more reservations made in Key West compared to previous years, with a longer rental period of three days on board. Catamarans are the first choice for travelers coming to the region.
- Long beach, california– A favorite destination for locals and visitors to the Southern California Coast. During the last two months, bookings in Long beach have over double compared to 2020. Most bookings are for day trips on a motor boat.
- Austin, Texas– Boat rental is more and more popular Texas, in hotspots like Austin and the Kemah area. Since early 2021, Click & Boat accepts five times the amount of reservations in Austin alone, against the whole of 2020. Here, most customers are looking for daily rentals.
With Click & Boat’s wide offer of pontoon boats, party boats and fishing charters available in United States, planning a long weekend to celebrate Memorial Day or July 4th has never been easier. However, for longer sailing trips by sailboat or catamaran, Americans have always appreciated Europe and will continue to do so in the summer of 2021.
Going abroad: cruise in the Mediterranean
Some American Click & Boat customers have already started to book longer summer holidays on board in the Mediterranean. With news from some Mediterranean countries like Croatia and Greece opening up to travelers, many have made the decision to book early, taking advantage not only of early booking discounts but also of Click & Boat’s Covid Guarantee Cancellation Insurance.
The top international destinations Americans can enjoy aboard a ship this summer are:
- Greece – Destinations like Athens, Mykonos and Santorini have been gradually booked over the past few weeks. Most bookings are made for weekly rentals aboard a sailboat or catamaran. In 2020, Click & Boat observed that 80% of all catamaran rentals have been made with a captain.
- Croatia – From the country of Croatia press release on opening to foreigners this summer, bookings have increased in major cities like Split and Dubrovnik, mainly for weekend and weekly rentals aboard a mix of sailboats, catamarans and boats to engine.
for more information, contact Camille DeLong, US Press & Marketing Manager at [email protected].
Aerial view of motor yacht
SOURCE Click & Boat