Mariners Moose Tracks, 6/27/22: Kyle Seager, Bryce Harper and Ole Miss
The Mariners head home tonight after a 5-1 road trip, hopefully pumped up after yesterday’s beanball. Presumably, the Mariners’ biggest news of the day will be the upcoming suspensions. But until those are announced, this will have to tide us over.
In the news of sailors…
- With a suspension likely for Winker looming, Jarred Kelenic could be back before the Mariners expected him to. Luckily he’s been looking a little better lately.
Around the league…
- In devastating news for MLB, the Phillies and my fantasy team, Bryce Harper fractured his thumb on a wild pitch by Blake Snell. He will be evaluated this week, but an extended absence is guaranteed.
- While on the IL, Julio cut .313/.377/.604 with 3 homers and 2 stolen bases, but Julio’s rival ROY is back.
Jeremy Peña was activated from the injured list and Chas McCormick opted for Triple-A. Houston chooses to keep JJ Matijevic.
— Chandler Rome (@Chandler_Rome) June 26, 2022
- Just like another young star.
- If the Mariners choose not to bring Kelenic back, that might be of interest to them.
- Sad day for the Willians Astudillo Fan Club, as the folk hero was DFA by Miami.
- Ole Miss won the College World Series for the first time in school history.
- Phoenix Suns front office Ryan Resch is now the first openly gay person to work in NBA operations after stepping out over the weekend. ESPN has the story, well worth your time.
- In one incredibly funny story, an archaeologist was messing around on Google Maps when he thought it looked like it was man-made. A few scuba gears later, he unearthed a 6,000-year-old civilization that hadn’t been discovered off the coast of Croatia.