Croatian Filip Mihaljević wins bronze medal in shot put at European Indoor Champs
Croatian Filip MihaljeviÄ won the bronze medal in the shot put at the European Indoor Athletics Championships in Torun, Poland on Friday night.
The Croatian won bronze with a throw of 21.31 meters.
The gold went to TomaÅ¡ Stanek of the Czech Republic who threw 21.62 meters. The second went to Michal Haratyk of Poland with a throw of 21.47 meters.
It was Croatia‘s first medal at the European Athletics Indoor Championships in 27 years. The last medal was won by Branko Zorko in Paris in 1994 when he won the silver medal in the 1,500 meters.
Six-month-injured MihaljeviÄ won the gold medal in the shot put at the U23 European Athletics Championships in Tallinn, Estonia, in 2015.
His last medal was a bronze medal at the World Indoor Champs in Portland in 2016.
2021 European Athletics Indoor Championships
- TomaÅ¡ Stanek (Czech Republic) 21.62
- Michal Haratyk (Poland) 21.47
- FILIP MIHALJEVIÄ (CROATIA) 21.31
- Francisco Belo (Portugal) 21.28
- Wictor Petersson (Sweden) 20.75
- Armin SinanÄeviÄ (Serbia) 20.74
- Marcus Thomsen (Norway) 20.28
- Mesud Pezer (Bosnia and Herzegovina) 19.77
Sign up to receive the Croatia Week newsletter